Saturday, October 5, 2013

Indoor Cycling

Cervelo with Computrainer
In order to prepare for an Ironman distance triathlon, an athlete must spend hours upon hours biking countless miles.  The restriction of having no roads to ride on causes the need for creativity as I put in 4 plus hour bike rides.  I am thankful for this stellar set up which has taken years to build up to.  The Computrainer allows me to bike based on power.  The flywheel is controlled electronically by a computer.  I have various real course videos which allow me to ride on actual courses such as IM Kona or IM Coeur d'Alene.   I also utilize ERGVideos which allow for very creative intervals and training scenarios to make the long hours not so passive.  I also have a screen to watch movies-so I am very caught up on all the latest flicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment